How To Save Money During Summer



Photo credit: https://pixabay.com
1. Lower Your Electric Bill
Our electric bill is only P4,000 to P5,000 a month.

Yes, I know that electric bill doesn’t fit a multi-millionaire like myself (ahem). But perhaps that’s why I’m a multi-millionaire.

My friend has less money than me (I know because I’m his financial consultant) but his electric bill is P18,000 a month.

The difference between P18,000 and P5,000 is P13,000.

If he lowers his electric consumption to my level, that’s P13,000 that he can invest in the stock market or business each month. In 30 years, at 12 percent interest growth per year, that P13,000 a month will become P45 million.

Here are a few things we do to bring our electric bill down…

  • We sleep in one air-conditioned bedroom
  • We turn the air-con in the sala only for guests
  • We changed our lightbulbs to CFL
  • We changed our really old appliances
  • We don’t use certain appliances
2 Lower Your Phone Bill
I spend P5000+ a month on my cellphone bill.

I know that’s a lot, but I run 12 businesses and nine ministries—all via long distance. Reason: I’m rarely in the office.

And guess what. This year, I’ll be downgrading my “plan” to P3000. Because I noticed that I don’t consume the available minutes provided by my P5000 plan.

My friend takes the gold medal in saving on his phone bill. Recently, he brought down his cellphone bill from P5000 to P1600 a month.

How? He carries three phones. One for Smart. One for Sun. And one for a Globe “landline” phone. (Funny how we still call it landline when it’s a cellphone!) The Globe landline can call for free any landline. The Globe landline can also call any Globe cellphone for free too. He uses his Smart phone to call Smart numbers, his Sun phone to call Sun numbers. All free.

Unfortunately, I don’t want to carry three phones in my pocket. So I won’t follow him.

But I mentioned his strategy to give you an idea of the various things you can do to lower your cellphone bill.

Check out my friend’s savings: From P5000 to P1600, he saves P3400 a month. If he invests that amount each month in the stock market or business and earn at least 12 percent interest growth, in 20 years, he’ll have P3.4 million.

Not bad, right? (Will you carry three phones for P3.4 million?)

Here’s another tip: When calling abroad, use Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, or Skype. You’ll save thousands each year.


Write a Comment

KEEP UPDATED BY SUBSCRIBING TO US

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner